Eyewitness Accounts At Knock Apparition On 21 August 1879: BYRNE, PATRICK



BYRNE, PATRICK

“I am sixteen years of age; I live quite near the chapel; I remember well the evening of the 21st August; it was Thursday, the evening before the Octave day. Dominick Byrne, junior, a namesake of mine, came to my house, and said that he had seen the biggest sight that ever he witnessed in his life. It was then after eight o’clock.

I came by the road on the west side of the church, I saw the figures clearly, fully, and distinctly, the Blessed Virgin, St. Joseph, and that of a bishop, said to be St. John the Evangelist. (Young Byrne then told what he saw regarding the vision, just as it has been described already by several persons who were present. The young fellow showed by his hands and position how the image or apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary and that of St. Joseph and St. John stood). 

I remained only ten minutes, and then I went away.

All this happened between a quarter or so past eight o ‘clock and half past nine” Source


The Church will be in eclipse, the world will be in dismay  Our Lady of La Salette 19 Sept. 1846 (Published by Mélanie 1879)

Comments

Popular Posts