5:15 Say Your Prayers! Novena To Saint Mary Magdalen Ninth Day

CORNELISZ VAN OOSTSANEN, Jacob
Christ Appearing to Mary Magdalen as a Gardener
1507

Epistle
Cant.3:2-5; 8:6-7

I will rise and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek Him Whom my soul loveth: I sought Him, and I found him not. The watchmen who keep the city found me. Have you seen Him Whom my soul loveth? When I had a little passed by them, I found Him Whom my soul loveth; I held Him, and I will not let Him go, till I bring him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that bore me. I adjure you, O daughters of jerusalem, by the roes and harts of the fields, that you stir not up nor wake my beloved till she pleases. Put me as a seal upon thy heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is strong as death, jealousy is hard as hell; the lamps thereof are lamps of fire and flames. Many waters cannot quench charity, neither can the floods drown it; if a man shall give all the substance of his house for love, he shall despise it as nothing



Sequence

Praise be to Thee, O Christ, Creator, Redeemer, and Saviour.

Of heaven and earth and seas, of angels and of men.

Whom we confess to be both God and Man.

Who didst come in order to save sinners.

Thyself without sin, taking the appearance of sin.

Among this poor flock. Thou didst visit the Chanaanite woman Mary Magdalen.

From the same table Thou didst nourish the one with the crumbs of the Divine Word, the other with Thy inebriating cup.

While Thou art seated at the typical feast in the house of Simon the Leper.

The Pharisee murmurs, while the woman weeps, conscious of her guilt.

The sinner despises his fellow-sinner; Thou, sinless one, hearest the prayer of the penitent, cleansest her from stains, lovest her so as to make her beautiful.

She embraces the feet of Her Lord, washes them with her tears, dries them with her hair; washing and wiping them, she anoints them with sweet ointment, and covers them with kisses.

Such, O Wisdom of the Father, is the banquet that delights Thee!

Though born of a Virgin, Thou didst not disdain to be touched by a sinful woman.

The Pharisee invited Thee, but it is Mary that gives Thee a feast.

Thou forgivest much to her that loves much, and that falls not again into sin.

From seven devils dost Thou free her by Thy sevenfold Spirit.

To her, when Thou risest from the dead, Thou showest Thyself first of all.

By her, O Christ, Thou dost designate the Gentile Church, the stranger whom Thou callest to the children's table;

Who, at the feast of the Lae and at the feast of grace, is despised by the pride of Pharisees, and harassed by leprous heresy.

Thou knowest what manner of woman she is; it is because she is a sinner that she touches Thee, and because she longs for pardon.

What could she have, poor sick one, without receiving it, and without the physician assisting her?

O King of kings, rich unto all, save us, wash away all the stains of out sins, O Thou the hope and glory of the Saints.

Responsory

Congratulate me, all ye that love the Lord; for He whom I sought appeared to me: *and while I wept at the tomb, I saw my Lord, alleluia.

V. When the disciples withdrew, I did not withdraw, and being kindled with the fire of His love, I burned with desire. *And while..



Prayer

May we be helped by the intercession of blessed Mary Magdalene, we beseech Thee, O Lord, who in answer to her prayers didst raise her brother Lazarus to life after he had been dead four days. who livest and reignest, with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end

Mention your petition here

Our Father

Hail Mary

Glory Be

Comments

Popular Posts