Little Vision Come Shake Me Up, Shake Me Up ~ Wolf Parade

Amos Nattini, Purgatorio XV
Quanto tra l'ultimar de l'ora terza

As many as the hours in which the sphere
that's always playing like a child appears
from daybreak to the end of the third hour,

so many were the hours of light still left
before the course of day had reached sunset;
vespers was there; and where we are, midnight.

When sunlight struck directly at our faces,
for we had circled so much of the mountain
that now we headed straight into the west,

then I could feel my vision overcome
by radiance greater than I'd sensed before,
and unaccounted things left me amazed;

at which, that they might serve me as a shade,
I lifted up my hands above my brow,
to limit some of that excessive splendor.

As when a ray of light, from water or
a mirror, leaps in the opposed direction
and rises at an angle equal to

its angle of descent, and to each side
the distance from the vertical is equal,
as science and experiment have shown;

so did it seem to me that I had been
struck there by light reflected, facing me,
at which my eyes turned elsewhere rapidly.

"Kind father, what is that against which I
have tried in vain," I said, "to screen my eyes?
It seems to move toward us." And he replied:

"Don't wonder if you are still dazzled by
the family of Heaven: a messenger
has come, and he invites us to ascend.

Soon, in the sight of such things, there will be
no difficulty for you, but delight-
as much as nature fashioned you to feel."

Purgatorio XV

Baby I just don't understand
Make me feel like another man
And I kissed you there on orchard road
Pulled the car from the empty street
Empty room and empty sea
I know they're dancing there invisibly
Little vision come shake me up, shake me up
Said your heart was a swarm of bees
And they don't and they will never leave
I hear them buzzing there invisibly
And now it's just you and me
Well I could do a little mystery
And you just had to know
Little vision come shake me up, shake me up
A little vision come, come and shake me up
Ghost pressure come shake me up, shake me up
Ghost Pressure Lyrics ~ Wolf Parade


Comments

Popular Posts