Lady GaGa Is The One Who Wears The Mantilla ~ Dies Irae



Giuseppe Germanotta, dead at the age of 88, the paternal grandfather of Stefani Joanne Germanotta (Lady GaGa). The Roman Catholic Funeral Mass was held at St. Pius X Church in Montville, New Jersey on Monday September 27th 2010


Dies Irae
C: Day of wrath, O day of mourning,
Lo, the world in ashes burning--
Seer and Sibyl gave the warning.
O what fear man's bosom rendeth,
When from Heaven the Judge descendeth,
On whose sentence all dependeth!
Wondrous sound the trumpet flingeth,
Through earth's sepulchres it ringeth,
All before the throne it bringeth.
Death is struck, and nature quaking,
All creation is awaking--
To its Judge an answer making.
Lo, the book, exactly worded,
Wherein all hath been recorded--
Thence shall judgment be awarded.
When the Judge His seat attaineth,
And each hidden deed arraigneth,
Nothing unavenged remaineth.
What shall I, frail man, be pleading?
Who for me be interceding,
When the just are mercy needing?
King, of majesty tremendous,
Who dost free salvation send us,
Fount of pity, then befriend us.
Think, kind Jesus, my salvation,
Caused Thy wondrous Incarnation--
Leave me not to reprobation.
Faint and weary, Thou hast sought me,
On the cross of suffering bought me;
Shall such grace be vainly brought me?
Righteous Judge of retribution,
Grant Thy gift of absolution
Ere that reck'ning day's conclusion.
Guilty, now I pour my moaning,
All my shame with anguish owning:
Spare, O God, Thy suppliant groaning.
Thou the sinful Mary savest,
Thou the dying thief forgavest,
And to me a hope vouchsafest.
Worthless are my prayers and sighing,
Yet, good Lord, in grace complying,
Rescue me form fires undying.
With Thy favored sheep, oh, place me;
Nor among the goats abase me,
But to Thy right hand upraise me.
While the wicked are confounded,
Doomed to flames of woe unbounded,
Call me, with Thy saints surrounded.
Low I kneel, with heart submission;
See, like ashes, my contrition--
Help me in my last condition.
Ah, that day of tears and mourning,
From the dust of earth returning,
Man for Judgment must prepare him--
Spare, O God, in mercy spare him.
Lord, Who didst our souls redeem,
Grant a blessed requiem. Amen.

Comments

  1. Very glad to see "Lady GaGa" with a chapel veil on her head. Now, if she would behave like a RC Lady great things could be accomplished amongst her fans. BTW, when is the RCI going to drop all of the Novus Ordo nonsense and embrace (and hold fast to) Tradition? You're a bit mixed up, pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha what Novus Ordo nonsense? Paris & Lady GaGa are Novus Ordo? What should I drop? Lyrics to modern rock songs? why is modern culture N.O.? I can use modern culture to get my point across, when are trads going to drop political factionalism - modern democracy - voting for prots etc... please what I post on my blog has nothing to do with the N.O physican heal thy self! I dont live in a cave. As matter of fact I will now sit in front of the Blessed sacrament at St Pauls which is 100% N.O. because thats all that is avaiable. Gotta use the things that God puts in my way. So please tell me what you dont like on this blog im interested & tell me who you voted for in the last presidential election.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts